- To describe key principles, concepts and challenges to update and enhance social protection competences within the framework of recent developments in the world of work;
- To review the response measures and interventions introduced by some countries in addressing the COVID-19 and how they might apply to national your own context;
- To undertake a social protection policy analysis and formulate evidence-based recommendations to increase the effectiveness of social protection system.
- Recommend responsive social protection interventions.
The purpose of this training workshop is to:
- Promote development-oriented policies that support productive activities, decent job creation, entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation, and encourage formalization and growth of micro-, small- and medium-sized enterprises including through access to financial services; and
- Enable member States to advance towards the attainment of SDG Targets on this page: 8.3, 8.4, 8.8, 9.3, 9.5
The African Regional Labour Administration Centre (ARLAC) has a mandate to strengthen the labour administration systems in member countries through training, research, consultancy, advisory services and publications. This mandate is premised on ILO Convention 150 concerning Labour administration (1978), which states that “the competent bodies within the system of labour administration should, participate in the development of comprehensive and concerted policies and programmes of human resources development including vocational guidance and vocational training”.
- Teacher: Facilicitor One